Wednesday, December 31, 2025

Fish Fry -- who wrote it?

 This is a song I remember from my childhood -- words and melody.   Could my Uncle Al P. have written it?  And/or his friend and writing companion Paul Feltenstein?   

Well, no matter - -here are the words:

Honey let’s get going to the fish fry,

All the folks are waiting for the fun.

Sitting ‘round the fire while the fish fry, 

Waiting for the fishies to be done.


     When the evening’s over we’ll go walking, 

      Up above the sky is full of stars.

      We don’t have to do a lot of talking,

     When you’re happy and content 

     You don’t worry ‘bout the rent.


There is nothing finer than a fish fry,

When your baby’s seated by your side,

Sitting ‘round the fire while the fish fry,

Honey, let’s get going to the fry..   


###

CHICAGO CHICAGO BY FRANK SINATRA

[Verse 1] Chicago, Chicago, that toddling town Chicago, Chicago, I will show you around, I love it Bet your bottom dollar you'll lose th...