Tuesday, November 25, 2025

Source of s Song I learned 80 years ago!

The lines "O'er our fields the frost is descended, labor is done, gone is the sun" are from the poem 
"Evangeline: A Tale of Acadie" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. It is one of the more famous narratives of the poet, a prominent figure in 19th-century American literature. 
  • Poem: Evangeline: A Tale of Acadie
  • Author: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Context: These lines appear near the end of the poem, describing the harsh winter setting after a long and arduous journey. 
===========================================
The source of this is what I was looking for.
A Thanksgiving Song

O'er our fields, the frost is descended,
Labor is done, gone is the sun;
Safely stored, our harvest is ended,
All in a ring, dancing we sing.

She who leads is innocent pleasure,
Ending the year, gladly with cheer;
Joy and comfort, barns full of treasure,
Everywhere health, season's bright wealth.

###



















CHICAGO CHICAGO BY FRANK SINATRA

[Verse 1] Chicago, Chicago, that toddling town Chicago, Chicago, I will show you around, I love it Bet your bottom dollar you'll lose th...