- Some say love, it is a river
- That drowns the tender reed
- Some say love, it is a razor
- That leaves your soul to bleed
- Some say love, it is a hunger
- An endless aching need
- I say love, it is a flower
- And you, its only seed
- It's the heart afraid of breaking
- That never learns to dance
- It's the dream afraid of waking
- That never takes the chance
- It's the one who won't be taken
- Who cannot seem to give
- And the soul afraid of dying
- That never learns to live
- When the night has been too lonely
- And the road has been too long
- And you think that love is only
- For the lucky and the strong
- Just remember in the winter
- Far beneath the bitter snows
- Lies the seed that with the sun's love
- In the spring becomes the rose
- Writer/s: Amanda McBroom
- Publisher: Warner Chappell Music, Inc., Word Collections Publishing
- Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind
A hodgepodge of things by others that I've liked and some things I wrote as well. Not sure where to put them so it's always a work in progress!
Thursday, October 19, 2023
THE ROSE, BY AMANDA McBROOM AND AS PERFORMED BY BETTE MIDLER
CHICAGO CHICAGO BY FRANK SINATRA
[Verse 1] Chicago, Chicago, that toddling town Chicago, Chicago, I will show you around, I love it Bet your bottom dollar you'll lose th...