JoansGoodStuff

A hodgepodge of things by others that I've liked and some things I wrote as well. Not sure where to put them so it's always a work in progress!

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

I DON'T KNOW NOTHIN' SINCE MY BRAIN WORE OUT

 I Don’t Know Nothing, 'Cause my Brain Wore Out!  

Tune: Nobody Knows You When You’re Down and Out!

Parody Lyrics © 2023 Joan Levin


Once I lived the life of a college grad, 

Had lots of friends and I was always glad!

Went to plays and movies, read lots of books, 

Dined at fine restaurants with very good cooks!


Then my brain forgot how to store,

At first it was just numbers, but then it was more!

Birthdays, anniversaries, name and places, 

Like a deck of cards, without any aces!   


(Chorus) 


I don’t know nothin’, 'cause my brain wore out! 

Under my hat, there’s just grey hair!

Aside from that, there’s not much there!

If we ever meet on the street again,

I hope that I would greet you like a long lost friend, 

But now I fear I’d just stare in doubt, 

You see - I don’t know nothing, 'cause my brain wore out!

-------------------------

This is based on:

Nobody Knows You When You’re Down and Out
Song by Eric Clapton
OverviewLyricsVideosOther recordingsListen
Lyrics
Once I lived the life of a millionaire
Spent all my money, I just did not care
Took all my friends out for a good time
Bought bootleg liquor, champagne and wine
Then I began to fall so low
Lost all my good friends, I did not have nowhere to go
I get my hands on a dollar again
I'm gonna hang on to it till that eagle grins
'Cause no, no, nobody knows you
When you're down and out
In your pocket, not one penny
And as for friends, you don't have any
When you finally get back up on your feet again
Everybody wants to be your old long-lost friend
Said it's mighty strange, without a doubt
Nobody knows you when you're down and out
When you finally get back upon your feet again
Everybody wants to be your good old long-lost friend
Said it's mighty strange
Nobody knows you
Nobody knows you
Nobody knows you when you're down and out
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Jimmy Cox
Nobody Knows You When You’re Down and Out lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

- September 05, 2023
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Newer Post Older Post Home

CHICAGO CHICAGO BY FRANK SINATRA

[Verse 1] Chicago, Chicago, that toddling town Chicago, Chicago, I will show you around, I love it Bet your bottom dollar you'll lose th...

  • NIGHT MAIL BY W.H.AUDEN
    Night Mail  by W. H. Auden This is the night mail crossing the Border, Bringing the cheque and the postal order, Letters for the rich, lette...
  • ABRAHAM LINCOLN - THE GETTYSBURG ADDRESS
    Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth upon this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the propo...
  • FUSSREISE -- JUST THE LYRICS TO CARRY!
      Fussreise lyrics by Eduard Mörike* Am frischgeschnitten Wanderstab,  Wenn ich in der Frühe So durch Wälder ziehe, Hügel auf und ab: Dann, ...

Blog Archive

  • February 2026 (1)
  • December 2025 (2)
  • November 2025 (3)
  • October 2025 (1)
  • May 2024 (2)
  • December 2023 (6)
  • November 2023 (2)
  • October 2023 (7)
  • September 2023 (3)
  • August 2023 (1)
  • January 2023 (5)
  • December 2022 (1)
  • November 2022 (3)
  • September 2022 (1)
  • July 2022 (2)
  • June 2022 (6)
  • May 2022 (2)
  • April 2022 (4)
  • March 2022 (14)
  • February 2022 (3)
  • January 2022 (4)
  • December 2021 (3)
  • October 2021 (1)
  • September 2021 (3)
  • August 2021 (5)
  • July 2021 (1)
  • November 2020 (1)
  • October 2020 (2)
  • September 2020 (1)
  • August 2020 (3)
  • June 2020 (1)
  • April 2020 (1)
  • January 2020 (1)
  • October 2019 (2)
  • September 2019 (1)
  • August 2019 (1)
  • July 2019 (1)
  • March 2019 (1)
  • February 2019 (1)
  • July 2018 (2)
  • November 2017 (1)

Search This Blog

  • Home

Report Abuse

Simple theme. Theme images by luoman. Powered by Blogger.