Sunday, March 20, 2022

THE SNIFTERS AND COCK ROBIN

 This is what I sent to David and Catalina in March, 2022.  

The Cock Robin plate -- a child's plate with the poem and alphabet --was a gift from David's mother, Aunt Fran.  When she and Uncle Al were first married during WWII they lived and worked in Baltimore and used to love to go "antiquing."   I always loved this little child's plate at their home, and when they no longer lived there Fran gave it to me.

The wooden dogs (or maybe they are wolves?) were carved by my great uncle Julius (or was it Louis?) -- the one in the lumber business.  

He made many lovely carvings and as of March 22 I am still looking for the last one, the little chain.

The little dogs (or wolves?) I used to arrange one in front of the other, whereupon Uncle Al named them "The Snifters!"   I'm not sure my mother approved of this but I thought it was really funny and that's what I call them too! 

I already sent David and Catalina The Snifters, and also the wooden carved portrait of our grandparents, David and Ida.  I'll post the photo they sent me here as well. 

And now they also have the child's "Cock Robin" plate, as seen here.  t 

I am still looking for the carved wooden chain -- when I find it I'll take a picture to post here and then send it to David and Catalina as well.   

                                                            ###





CHICAGO CHICAGO BY FRANK SINATRA

[Verse 1] Chicago, Chicago, that toddling town Chicago, Chicago, I will show you around, I love it Bet your bottom dollar you'll lose th...